As the Disabled Parenting Project’s first holiday season draws near, we wanted to take a moment to reflect on our many achievements in 2016, and more importantly, thank all of our supporters!
Since the DPP’s launch in March, things for us have been incredibly exciting! We have a growing membership, impressive following on social media, and many wonderful bloggers. Below are just a few of the many things we are particularly grateful for:
- To date, we have had more than 40,000 people visit our website!
- 2,542 people “like” us on Facebook
- Nearly 1,000 people follow us on Twitter
- DPP has had two very successful Twitter chats, with more than 1,000 participants
- DPP has 13 wonderful people who have blogged for us — we are always looking for more!
- In May, DPP co-founders Erin, Kara, and Robyn attended the White House Forum on the Civil Rights of Parents with Disabilities
- And perhaps most exciting, the DPP is part of a 5-year federally funded project, which will enable us to grow!
Indeed, DPP has just begun and we are off to a wonderful start! We are so honored to be part of a wonderful community of parents and prospective parents with disabilities and look forward to continuing our work in 2017 and beyond!
Best wishes for a happy holiday season and our sincere thanks for your never-ending support throughout the year!
Robyn, Kara, & Erin