As we near the end of another successful year at the Disabled Parenting Project (DPP), we wanted to take a moment to acknowledge the many folks who contributed their time by authoring one or more blog posts this year. We truly appreciate our writers and readers! Thank you!
Below is a list of the top 5 most popular blog posts of 2019:
- 7 Truths about Blind Parenting Courtesy of Netflix’s Bird Box by Holly Bonner. This post compares perceptions of blind parenting portrayed in the movie Bird Box to the realities most blind parents experience.
- An Open Letter to Mothers of Disabled Children by DPP’s own Erin Andrews. In this post, Erin reflects on her experiences as a disabled mother as well as what she wishes mothers of disabled children better understood.
- Why I Can’t Hold Other People’s Babies by Erin Andrews. Here, Erin describes how children of disabled parents adapt to their parents.
- DPP Celebrates the Life of Carrie Ann Lucas by Robyn Powell. 2019 was a difficult year for the disability community, with the deaths of many great activists. Carrie Ann Lucas was an attorney, disabled mother, and friend to many.
- The “Mommy Guilt” When You Have a Child with a Rare Disease by Lyllyan Blare. In this post, Lyllyan describes her experience in raising a disabled child as a mother with a disability.
We are always looking for more people to write for us, so please send us an email if you are interested!
We cannot wait to see what 2020 brings!